hide.me is a Malaysian-based VPN provider with a large German presence. Though there are some minor downsides, and their Premium (best) plan is on a more costly end of the spectrum, recent updates to their Windows app, plus a logging audit and revamped transparency policy have substantially improved their offering.
- Certified logless
- Android & iOS apps
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections
- Active community
“Free VPN” is now an integrated feature of Opera’s stable desktop browsers.. Despite its nomenclature, however, this feature is really a proxy service rather than a true VPN. A true VPN encrypts your entire internet connection, while Opera’s “Free VPN” only encrypts the data from your browser. Using this “VPN” does not protect your BitTorrent downloads or other internet activity outside the Opera browser.
- It’s 100% free which is all our favorite price!
- No data limits is hard to argue with when you ares not paying for the service
- Pretty darn fast for a free service – it even beats some paid-for VPNs
- 5 server locations in useful places but not the UK
- Ad-blocking on mobile devices
I just have a question about this membership before I buy it, is it possible that the government can track you down with this membership?
Ive just started using Hide.Me after using HideMyAss for the last six months. Since I hadn't used another VPN service before using HideMyAss... more
There are no comments for this provider.