Although a little short on frills, IVPN offers a no-logs VPN service that has all the most important things covered. It does not leak your IP address and it uses strong encryption. It is also, for the most part, insanely fast.
- No logs at all thanks to being based in Gibraltar
- Excellent OpenVPN encryption
- Three simultaneous connections
- Client has firewall-based DNS leak protection and kill switch
- Blazing fast connection with most servers
As a free volunteer-run anti-censorship tool, VPN Gate is difficult to knock. So respect to the VPN Gate developers at the University of Tsukuba, and all VPN Gate Sever volunteers. Unfortunately, in practice, I found VPN Gate far too slow to ever be worth my while using.
- Open source
- Lots of server locations
- Very Slow
- Extensive connection logs kept (and will comply with investigations).
Great review! I'm new to the whole VPN and privacy scene but I started with IVPN last year and have no desire to switch or try any other... more
Update: IVPN has just updated their website (i.e., new appearance and other links added) and take a look at their "About us" link at bott... more
There are no comments for this provider.