BestVPN.com is part of a network of sites owned by 4Choice Ltd. At 4Choice we recognise the importance of your privacy. We are regulated by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). This policy will provide you with the following information:
- why we are able to process your personal data
- what purpose we are processing it for
- whether you have to provide it to us
- how long we store it for
- whether there are other recipients of your personal information
- whether we intend to transfer it to another country, and
- whether we do automated decision-making or profiling.
Who is our Data Protection Officer?
Our Data Protection Officer’s is Clare Worsnup. She can be contacted at clare at 4choice.com
How do we gather personal data?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You subscribe to our e-newsletter.
- You have applied for a job with us.
- You are representing your organisation.
When you Contact Us
If you contact us via email, your details and a history of the communication will be stored by us in order for us to deal with enquiries adequately and improve our customer support services.
When you access BestVPN.com
When you visit BestVPN.com, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
If we do collect personal data through our website, we’ll be upfront about this. We’ll make it clear when we collect personal information and we’ll explain what we intend to do with it.
This means that we are in the process of implementing a tool which, by default, will require explicit opt in action by users of our website. This will apply to the non-necessary cookies. We will ensure any necessary cookies for functionality and security are marked so that they are not deleted by the tool.
The purpose for implementing all of the above is to maintain and monitor the performance of our website and to constantly look to improve the site and the services it offers to our users. The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, which allows us to process personal data when its necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
As we are processing your personal data for our legitimate interests as stated above, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. There are legitimate reasons why we may refuse your objection, which depend on why we are processing it.
Under data protection law, you have rights we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information.
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
Your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because it is in our legitimate interests.
Your right to data portability
This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another, or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have one month to respond to you.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
We work to high standards when it comes to processing your personal information. If you have queries or concerns, please contact our data protection officer.
We do not provide services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information. However, the information in the relevant parts of this notice applies to children as well as adults.
Links and Affiliated sites
- This site contains hypertext links to other sites, advertisers and other third parties. By clicking on any of these links, you are leaving the BestVPN.com website. BestVPN.com has no control over the information collected by any third party after you have left the www.BestVPN.com website. We advise and encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Protecting your Information
- We use a secure server cluster situated in a secure data centre to protect all the information you provide us with. We have invested heavily in equipment and highly qualified staff to ensure all information you enter is protected from access by any third party and only necessary and restricted access is available internally. We also protect all our connections to the Internet using various security measures including firewalls and regular security audits on all our servers.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you may contact us.