The first grand slam of 2018 has kicked off and will run from now until January 28. Tennis fans from all over the world can’t wait to watch the Australian Open. The grand slam of Asia/Pacific is always an important date on the tennis calendar and 2018 is no different. Sadly for many tennis fans around the world, not everywhere shows the tournament on TV. In addition, geo-restrictions mean that it is not always easy to watch the Australian Open live online. But don’t worry! With a VPN for sports, anybody can quickly and easily spoof their location overseas to unblock Australian Open live streams.
How can I watch the Australian Open Final?
Saturday evening sees the women square off for the Grand Slam award while the highly-anticipated men’s final rounds off the competition on Sunday night.
The women’s final will see Caroline Wozniacki face off against Simona Halep Saturday at 7:30 PM local time. Roger Federer and Marin Ciric will meet the following day on Sunday, January 28. The men’s final is scheduled to get underway at 7.30 PM local time in Melbourne which is 8.30 AM UK time. Viewers on the East Coast of the US can except the action to start around 3:00 AM EST.
To unblock and watch the Australian Open 2018 final, we recommend ExpressVPN. It offers everything you are likely to need from a VPN for the Australian Open. Firstly, it has incredibly fast servers located in Australia. In addition, it is a highly trusted and reliable service that provides strong OpenVPN encryption. However, any of the services in our 5 Best VPNs for Sports are also perfect, so be sure to check them out. Here is a quick setup guide for the Australian Open:
Watch the Australian Open with VPN
- Select a VPN service. (To stream the Australian Open live our recommendation is ExpressVPN, because it has fast servers all over the world (and down under) that will let you stream the tennis in HD quality.
- Subscribe to the VPN service that you most suits you in our 5 Best VPNs for Sports list.
- Install the VPN software on your PC, laptop, Mac, Android or iOS device. (ExpressVPN allows you to install the VPN software on three devices to watch the tennis on any of them).
- Choose OpenVPN encryption protocol in the menu (this encryption will keep you most secure).
- Connect to a server in the location where you want to stream the tennis (ExpressVPN has servers in 93 countries – including Australia – which is why we recommend it).
- Head over to the website where you want to stream Australian Open online.
With that warning out of the way, we would like to remind you that many thousands of people around the world do use VPNs in this way. It is for that reason that we strongly advise you to use either ExpressVPN or one of the other VPNs in our 5 Best VPNs for Sports guide. All of those VPNs have secure networks. They also provide strong encryption options for keeping you secure as you tunnel through to Australia to watch the tennis live online.
The Australian Open 2018
The Australian Open is the first tennis grand slam of the year. The first of the four grand slam tournaments is, nowadays, always played in Melbourne, in January. It first took place in 1905 and used to be played on grass (like Wimbledon). In 1988, however, the tournament was permanently moved to Melbourne, where it has been played on a hardcourt surface ever since. The current surface is the famous blue Plexicushion that we are all used to seeing.
The Australian Open always has notoriously high attendance rates, that are only eclipsed by the US Open. The tournament features three courts with retractable roofs, so that play can continue despite rain or extreme heat. Those courts are the Rod Laver Arena, Hisense Arena, and Margaret Court Arena.
Jack Nicholson Experience
Since last year’s tournament spectators are being offered the chance to have what they are calling the “Jack Nicholson experience.” So-called because of the US actor’s love of watching basketball from the edge of the court (tenuously named I know), those who can afford to will be able to make use of new on-court seats to get closer to the action than ever before.
However, we expect those seats to be filled with the likes of movie and pop stars. Why? Because the price tag for the 16 exclusive seats is both unconfirmed and will change depending on who is playing. People will pay no less than four-figure sums to sit where the old photographer’s pit used to be.
Some of the other incredible experiences that spectators can purchase this year include: pre-match exclusive chats with players’ coaches (presumably to find out how their hamstring is and place last-second bets), and locker room meet-ups with players.
Prize Money Raised
In 2018 the Australian Open’s total prize money has been increased by 10 percent to $55 million (AUD).
Last year, Roger Federer beat Nadal to win the men’s singles tournament and Serena Williams won the women’s singles tournament.
Federer, Djokovic, or Nadal?
Federer is currently favorite to win the title. Yet at 36 years of age, he claims that Nadal or Djokovic stand a better chance.
Venus Williams or Maria Sharapova?
This year it is believed that either a Williams or Sharapova will win the Women’s singles tournament. However, pundits say that Elina Svitolina, Johanna Konta or Caroline Garcia all have a chance to win their first grand slam!
Where to Watch Australian Open Final Live Online
In order to watch any of the feeds below from anywhere in the world, simply use your VPN to connect to a server in the location of your choice.
- ESPN – US only
- Seven Sports – Australia only
- Sky Sports or BT Sports – UK only
- Eurosport – Europe only
- Rogers Sportsnet – Canada only
- Super Tennis – Italy only
- BeIN Sports – Middle East only
- NOS – Netherland only
- CCTV – China only
- Supersport – Africa only (use South African server)
- Star Sports – India only
- TV Plus – Bulgaria only
As you can see, there are many places to watch the Australian Open live online. All you need to do is decide on which of the streams most suits you. Once you have decided, simply subscribe to your favorite VPN from our 5 Best VPNs for Sports list by following these simple steps:
- Choose a VPN service. (To stream Australian Open live we recommend ExpressVPN, because it has excellent fast servers all over the world, which will allow you to stream the tournament in HD quality without lagging or buffering.)
- Subscribe to the VPN service that you prefer from our 5 Best VPNs for Sports list.
- Install the VPN software on your PC, laptop, Mac, Android or iOS device. (ExpressVPN lets you install the VPN software on three devices to watch tennis as you please).
- Select OpenVPN encryption (this encryption will keep you most secure as you spoof your location).
- Connect to a server in the location of your choice (ExpressVPN has server choices in 85 countries, which is why we recommend it).
- Navigate to the website where you intend to watch Australian Open online live and enjoy every moment.