The Grammys are the Oscars of the music Industry. Music fans all over the world are fantasizing about being able to watch “music’s biggest night.” The good news is that with a VPN service anybody can unblock the show. In addition, CBS (which broadcasts the show in the US) offers a seven-day free trial to CBS All Access. That means that it is very easy to watch the Grammy Awards using a VPN.
This year, the awards ceremony takes place on Sunday 28 January, at Madison Square Gardens in New York. The main show will air from 7:30 PM EDT to 11:00 PM EDT (3:30 PM PDT to 7:00 PM PDT) . However, the show actually begins at midday.
For anybody who wants to unblock the Grammy Awards and join the hosts, performers, and celebrity guests in attendance we recommend ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN offers the absolutely best service to watch the Grammys live in 2017. However, so that you have plenty of options, we have included a link to our five best VPN services article. Once you have chosen a VPN, follow the simple steps below to unblock the Grammy awards.
Watch Grammy Awards from Anywhere: Guide
- Subscribe to the VPN of your choice for unblocking the Grammy Awards. To watch the Grammy Awards, we recommend ExpressVPN because it has the best US servers for streaming in HD quality.
- Download the VPN software from the provider’s website. ExpressVPN has apps for all popular platforms and allows you to install it on three simultaneous devices. That means you can watch the Grammys on any Android, iOS, Mac OS X, or Windows device.
- Select OpenVPN encryption in the VPN software. Geo-restricted content isn’t available because of copyright restrictions. For this reason, it is necessary to have a secure VPN when watching the Grammy awards. The VPNs in our guide are all world class and offer the very best encryption (which is why we recommend them).
- Connect to a server is the US. Depending on where you live, you should connect to a US server that is closer to you (West or East coast). This will give you the best speeds for watching in HD.
- Now that you appear to be a US resident, you can navigate to the CBS website to sign up for a week’s free trial. Once you have registered for the trial, you will be able to stream the Grammy Awards in full!
The 2018 Grammys
This year the Grammy Awards “Red Carpet Special” will be hosted by Nancy O’Dell, Kevin Frazier, and Keltie Knight. The Entertainment Tonight presenters will host the 30-minute show. They will introduce celebrities arriving on the red carpet outside of the LA venue. You can expect to see a host of music stars as well as Hollywood’s finest walking up the carpet.
The main event will be hosted by the fabulous James Corden. Corden has risen to fame in recent years because of the viral sensation “Carpool Karaoke.” The segment was originally part of Corden’s award-winning The Late Late Show. Last year, however, it was bought up by Apple Music, which now has the rights to distribute the series in 100 nations around the world. For anybody who hasn’t seen Carpool Karaoke, it is a must! Corden hosted the event last year when it was held in Los Angeles, so he joins an exclusive list of stars who have hosted consecutive ceremonies.
The line up of live performers who will be entertaining the audience at this year’s ceremony has not yet been settled. However, this show always attracts the top performers in the music industry, so expect some real headliners on the stage.
2018 Grammy Award Nominations
For a full list of nominees (there are about 75 awards in all) look here. Here are a couple of the most exciting categories to watch out for:
Album of the year: Childish Gambino (Awaken, My Love), Jay-Z (4:44), Kendrick Lamar (Damn), Lorde (Melodrama), Bruno Mars (24K Magic).
Song of the year: Ramón Ayala, Justin Bieber, Jason “Poo Bear” Boyd, Erika Ender, Luis Fonsi, and Marty James Garton (Despacito); Shawn Carter, and Dion Wilson (4:44); Benny Blanco, Mikkel Storleer Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen, Julia Michaels, and Justin Drew Tranter (Issues); Alessia Caracciolo, Sir Robert Bryson Hall II, Arjun Ivatury, and Khalid Robinson (1-800-273-8255); Christopher Brody Brown, James Fauntleroy, Philip Lawrence, Bruno Mars, Ray Charles McCullough II, Jeremy Reeves, Ray Romulus, and Jonathan Yip (That’s What I Like).
Why a VPN for Grammy Awards?
Watching CBS All Access from outside the US is in breach of copyright. That means not every VPN is suitable. Some VPNs sell user data on to third parties and have highly insecure privacy policies. This is especially true of free VPNs. In addition, some VPNs provide outdated or badly implemented encryption, which won’t keep you private and secure as you watch the Grammys from overseas.
All of the VPNs in our guide are recommended because they have lightning fast servers in the US, which will be perfect to watch the Grammy Awards in HD quality. Other VPNs would suffer from buffering and lagging issues – these will not. In addition, these VPNs are all highly sought after and trusted services that provide high levels of security for their subscribers. As such, any of the options in our Five Best VPNs are perfect for keeping you secure as you watch the 2017 Grammy Awards.