With the 2018 World Cup almost upon us, fans looking for unpredictable matchups should tune in to Group D action. Questions abound for the top players on each squad. Those players that can rise to the challenge here will have a great chance to lead their teams into the Round of 16.
The Group D action will be intense, and you can watch it live, with commentary in your native language, from anywhere in the world. How? With a fast, smart, VPN (Virtual Private Network) that has servers located where you need them. The opening matches for Group D are Argentina v Iceland, followed by Croatia v Nigeria, on Saturday, June 16.
Watch Group D online: Step By Step Guide
Setting up a VPN to watch the 2018 World Cup is very easy. Just follow the four (yes, only 4!) simple steps listed here:
- Select and install a VPN service for World Cup streaming. To unblock the football matches, we recommend ExpressVPN because it is secure, fast, and has excellent servers in more than 90 countries. Downloading and installing will only take a few minutes.
- Select a VPN server in the country you want to unblock streaming from, and click Connect.
- Open a new browser window and log on to the streaming service you want to use.
- That’s it! Your VPN workaround is set up and you are ready to watch the World Cup online.
Where you can Watch Group D of the World Cup
Broadcasters around the world will be streaming the world cup so you can find a free way of streaming group D of the world cup in your language.
Stream the World Cup FAQs
How a VPN for watching Group D Football works
Due to copyright and licensing restrictions, most streaming services in the world block users from outside the country the service is based in. If you want to watch the streams of the games from outside the approved areas, you’re going to see a “stream blocked” message rather than a dramatic, high-stakes game. A VPN can prevent this tragedy.
A VPN gets around this problem by letting you pretend to be in a different country. It gets you around the geographic restrictions of the streaming service by making the service think you are in an acceptable location. Once you can do this, you can stream World Cup matches (and all sorts of other content) that would otherwise be withheld from you.
- Saturday June 16: Argentina v Iceland 14:00 Moscow
- Saturday June 16: Croatia v Nigeria 20:00 Kaliningrad
- Thursday June 21: Argentina v Croatia 19:00 Novgorod
- Friday June 22: Nigeria v Iceland 16:00 Volgograd
- Tuesday June 26: Iceland v Croatia 19:00 Rostov-on-Don
- Tuesday June 26: Nigeria v Argentina 19:00 Saint Petersburg
World Cup Group D: Qualification
The first qualifiers for Russia 2018 began in March 2015 and concluded with the World Cup draw in December 2017.
- Argentina just barely qualified for the World Cup, beating Ecuador on the last possible day of qualifying. Argentina has made it to the First Stage 16 times, and won the World Cup twice.
- Iceland, the smallest country (by population) ever to qualify for the World Cup, did so by defeating Kosovo on a dramatic goal by Gylfi Sigurdsson. This is the squad’s first appearance in the World Cup.
- Croatia qualified due to a 4-1 aggregate play-off win over Greece after finishing second in Europe’s Group I. This is their second-successive trip to the World Cup.
- Nigeria returns to the World Cup as the first team from Africa to qualify. They have made it to the tournament every time since 1994, except for a miss in 2006.
World Cup Group D Betting Odds (via bet365)
- Argentina 9/1
- Iceland 200/1
- Croatia 33/1
- Nigeria 200/1
What are your thoughts on Group D? Argentina is the clear favorite here, but can Croatian Captain Luka Modric fire up his talented teammates and challenge the South American squad? Will tiny Iceland continue their fairytale run? Or will Nigeria rise up and cause a major upset? Leave your picks and any other comments below!