The 2018 World Cup is almost upon us. Group C, made up of France, Denmark, Peru, and Australia, features some real heavyweights that might go on to lift the trophy. Football fans from all over the globe will tune in to watch the likes of Paul Pogba, Kylian Mbappe, and Christian Eriksen try to advance from Group C. Watch every game live!
If you are looking for a VPN for watching Group C football with native commentary, connection speed and server location will be the most crucial features to examine. Luckily, we have reviewed and tested over 150 VPNs over the last five years in search of the best VPN services in the world.
How to setup a VPN for streaming Group C online
Once you have decided on a VPN, setting it up to watch the 2018 World Cup is very easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Select a VPN service for World Cup streaming. To unblock the football matches, we recommend ExpressVPN because it is secure, fast, and has excellent servers (plus servers in 94 more countries).
- Select a VPN server in the country you want to unblock streaming from and click Connect.
- Open a new browser window and go to the streaming service you have chosen to unblock.
- That’s it! Your VPN workaround is set up and you are ready to watch the World Cup online.
Where to watch World Cup Group C
The Group C opening match will be France vs Australia on Saturday, June 16. You can view the complete Group C schedule further below.
- Server: Danish
- Price: Free
- Server: United Kingdom
- Price: Free
Stream the World Cup: FAQs
How a VPN for watching Group C Football works
The streaming services we’ve listed above are blocked outside of the country where they are based. This is due to copyright and licensing restrictions. For football fans who want to watch those streams, a “stream blocked” message usually means they have reached the end of the line. That is unless they use a VPN!
Using a VPN, anybody, anywhere, can pretend to be in a different country. This allows them to access geo-restricted streams of World Cup matches and other content that would usually be inaccessible.
World Cup Group C schedule (all times local)
Russia vs Saudi Arabia kicks off the World Cup tournament on June 14th, with Group C’s opening game (France v Australia) on Saturday, June 16. The group stages wrap up on June 25, with the World Cup Final in Moscow on Sunday, July 15 at 15:00 GMT.
The big match of Group C will undoubtedly be Denmark vs France on Tuesday, June 26 at 17:00 UTC+3. Group favorites France take on a Denmark team currently ranked 12th in the FIFA world rankings, only five spots below France.
- Saturday June 16: France v Australia 13:00 UTC+3 Kazan
- Saturday June 16: Peru v Denmark 19:00 UTC+3 Saransk
- Thursday June 21: Denmark v Australia 16:00 UTC +4 Samara
- Thursday June 21: France v Peru 20:00 UTC+5 Yekaterinburg
- Tuesday June 26: Denmark v France 17:00 UTC+3 Moscow
- Tuesday June 26: Australia v Peru 17:00 UTC+3 Sochi
World Cup Group C: Qualification
The first qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup began in March 2015 and ended with the World Cup draw in December 2017.
- France qualified for the World Cup for the 15th time and are clear favorites in Group C. France also won the World Cup in 1998, along with a number of third and second place finishes as well.
- Denmark is at the World Cup for the 5th time, with their last appearance being in the 2010 World Cup group stages. Denmark qualified for the cup from UEFA Group E, finishing second behind group winners Poland.
- Peru qualified from the South American Football Confederation after scoring 26 points and besting Chile on goal difference. This will be Peru’s 4th appearance at the World Cup, with their best result being the quarterfinals in 1970.
- Australia qualified for the World Cup in November after beating Honduras in the AFC fourth round play-off. This will be The Socceroo’s 5th appearance with the best result being a round of 16 finish in 2006.
World Cup Group C Betting Odds (via bet365)
- France 13/2
- Denmark 100/1
- Peru 200/1
- Australia 300/1
What are your thoughts on Group C? Do France easily take the group as favorites or can Peru and Denmark make the battle for first place interesting? How will Australia’s young team fare in this challenging group? Leave your picks and any other comments below!