Most Xbox gamers think that they are making full use of their Xbox One system, but little do they know, that using a VPN can open a new world of gaming possibilities.
That’s right, folks – want to view the full Netflix library on your Xbox? How about saving money by switching Xbox regions and buying the same games for less? Sounds good, right? These are just two of the many benefits of using a VPN for Xbox One.
Of course, there are a number of factors that go into choosing the best VPN for Xbox, with speed and server locations being the most important. Fortunately, here at BestVPN.com, we have tested more than 150 VPNs in the last five years, in search of the best VPN for Xbox One and Xbox 360. Keep reading to see our top recommendations and more!
The Best VPNs for Xbox: Side-by-side summary
访问网站 »CyberGhost 点评 »
|访问网站 »||CyberGhost 点评 »|
ExpressVPN 点评 » 访问网站 »
|访问网站 »||ExpressVPN 点评 »|
NordVPN 点评 » 访问网站 »
|访问网站 »||NordVPN 点评 »|
PrivateVPN 点评 » 访问网站 »
|访问网站 »||PrivateVPN 点评 »|
VyprVPN 点评 » 访问网站 »
|访问网站 »||VyprVPN 点评 »|
The 5 Best VPNs for Xbox
Special Offer: 77% off 1-year plan!
- Excellent speeds- Great for streaming on Xbox!
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Servers in 61 countries
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not much!
CyberGhost is a veteran VPN provider that is the ideal VPN for Xbox. For starters, there are over 1000 servers in 61 countries with excellent speeds for gaming and streaming Netflix on your Xbox. Customer support is also excellent, with a proven track record that rivals even the best VPN services out there.
The great speeds plus strong encryption, easy to use clients, and a 30-day money-back guarantee are all reasons why CyberGhost might be the right fit for your Xbox. Click on the link below to try it out!
Check out the best VPN for Xbox One in 2017!访问 CyberGhost »30-day money-back guarantee
Special Offer: 49% off today!
- Servers in 94 countries
- Excellent 24/7 customer support
- Blazing fast speeds
- Preinstalled VPN routers
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- A bit pricey – but worth it!
ExpressVPN is a fantastic and reliable VPN for Xbox One. It offers the necessary combination of fast servers, strong encryption, and solid customer support, all backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee. There are servers in 94 different countries, which is great news for Xbox gamers who need to connect to game servers in different regions.
ExpressVPN is also unique for selling its own preinstalled VPN routers. Here at BestVPN.com, we’ve had a chance to review one of these routers, and we weren’t disappointed. The router is a breeze to set up, while VPN speeds and general network performance are also excellent. Try out ExpressVPN for yourself, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Special Offer: 77% off today!
- Strict no logs policy
- Bitcoin accepted
- Automatic internet kill switch
- Six simultaneous connections allowed
- Peer-to-peer (P2P)/torrenting allowed
- Dedicated IPs available
- Not much
NordVPN is known for having some of the best security and privacy features that a VPN can offer. Optional double encryption, an automatic internet kill switch, and support for Tor over VPN are just some of the reasons NordVPN’s security features stand out from other VPNs. NordVPN’s support for six simultaneous connections means you can have the VPN covering all of your internet-connected devices.
NordVPN also provides VPN routers via Flashrouters so you can easily get your Xbox One and other home devices enjoying the benefits. You can give NordVPN a try with no risk to your wallet thanks to a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Read our NordVPN review for more in-depth information about their service.
- Loved by consumers
- Super fast for streaming
- Zero logs
- Fully featured for security and privacy
- Fantastic customer care
- Not much
PrivateVPN is an amazing service from Sweden that users praise regularly. It is a superb choice for using with an Xbox. It is fast, efficient, easy to use, and extremely reliable. It also provides lightning fast speeds for streaming and gaming. PrivateVPN truly is a pleasure to use and has all the important security features you might need. It also has servers in over 50 countries.
Encryption is military grade OpenVPN and this VPN keeps zero logs. Amazingly, this fantastic VPN is also super cheap. Why not try the 30-day money-back guarantee to see why this VPN is proving so popular?
- Self-managed VPN network
- Great encryption
- VyprDNS service
- Three-day free trial available
- Monthly plans are a bit pricey
VyprVPN is another solid choice on this list, with an impressive VPN for Xbox One. VyprVPN owns and operates all of its own hardware, which takes away a lot of concerns about speeds and reliability on the network. There is also an optional VyprDNS service, which is great news for those looking to unblock Netflix, YouTube, and similar services without the inevitable speed loss associated with a VPN.
VyprVPN also has an app for Tomato routers, which allows you to easily get your Xbox, smart TV, and other devices all under the VPN network. Only want your Xbox One connecting to the VPN? No problem! VyprVPN’s router app allows you to easily manage individual device settings. Try out VyprVPN for Xbox One using the link below.
VPN Xbox One: FAQs
What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network, or VPN for short, is an online service that provides a wide range of privacy benefits and allows you to access the internet without restrictions. With just a few clicks, you can unblock regional Xbox games and save money from anywhere in the world!
With the Xbox One (and PS4) doubling down as a gaming and home media center, more and more people are using the console to stream Netflix, Hulu, and more. In this case, a VPN can unblock shows and films that might not be available in your region.
If all this sounds appealing and you would like to know more about how it works, navigate over to our VPN for beginners guide.
Unblock content on Xbox
One of the most irritating things that almost every gamer will eventually encounter is region restrictions on games and certain Xbox apps. For example, Battlefield and the Grand Theft Auto series are blocked in a number of Middle Eastern countries. Netflix also restricts access to its full library of content outside the US. Find out more about how you can use a VPN to unblock Netflix.
Luckily, geo-restrictions and blocks aren’t a complete dead end. A VPN can allow you to access games that are blocked in your region or stream the full Netflix library on your Xbox! You can even use a VPN to change your virtual time zone to play Xbox games before they are available in your region!
Get more information on changing your location with a VPN in our geo-spoofing with a VPN guide.
Protect your Xbox One from hackers
Whether it’s Sea of Thieves, Rocket League, or Call of Duty, the rise of online gaming has also brought along malicious gamers willing to do whatever it takes to win. One method used by these malevolent players is Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, which occur when an online opponent spams your IP address with thousands of fake requests. This attack could cause significantly lag or even disconnect you from your online game!
Using a VPN, your internet traffic is channeled through an encrypted tunnel. Your IP address is shielded, making it almost impossible for a hacker to target you.
The threat of a DDoS attack when gaming online is quite slim, save for a few specific situations. Nonetheless, The best way to stay secure whilst playing Xbox One is to use a VPN for games!
The main feature that a gamer will want from a VPN is speed, which usually comes at the cost of security. If you want both we recommend visiting our Best VPN list.
Save money on Xbox Games
Exchange rates and regional sales tax dramatically influence regional price differences in games. An awesome benefit of using a VPN for Xbox gamers is the ability to unblock a region where the game is available for less.
Xbox gamers simply use a VPN to change your Xbox’s virtual location, cycling around different regions to find the cheapest deal possible.
How to choose the Best VPN for Xbox One
If you are a newcomer to VPNs, choosing the right VPN can seem like a challenging task. There are three main features to examine when you purchase a VPN:
- Speed: Speed is often the most important factor with a VPN, especially if you are gaming or streaming video on your Xbox One. Check out our VPN speed test tool to find the fastest Xbox One VPN.
- Server Location: A VPN will usually have dozens (or even hundreds) of servers around the world.
- Privacy and Security: As mentioned above, solid encryption is one of the ways a VPN for gaming can protect you. Read our awesome guide on VPN encryption for more information. If security is a key concern, check out our most secure vpn list for even more choice.
Setup a VPN on Xbox One
Much like the Xbox 360,Wii, PlayStation there is no native support for an Xbox One VPN on the Xbox operating system. While this is slightly disappointing, there are two quick ways to set up a VPN on Xbox One. Let us show you how!
Option #1- Connect your home router to the VPN (~15 minutes)
- Sign up to one of the recommended Xbox VPN services we’ve highlighted above.
- Open your home internet router’s control panel/admin section. Check the router’s documentation for where to find this.
- Find the Network/Setup/Settings/WAN tab in your router’s control panel.
- Enter the VPN setup details that were sent to you when you signed up. This will probably be some combination of a username, password, and server address that are all provided by the VPN service.
- Confirm/accept/save these changes and close your router’s control panel.
- Start up your Xbox system.
- Navigate to the “Network Settings” tab under “System Settings.”
- Configure your Xbox to automatically connect to the router you set up earlier.
- Save any settings and that’s it! Your Xbox will now be enjoying the benefits of a VPN straight from your router!
Option #2- Sharing your computer’s VPN connection with your Xbox One (~10 minutes)
- Sign up to one of the recommended Xbox One VPN services we’ve highlighted above.
- Install and have the VPN running on your home computer.
- Turn on your Xbox and connect it to your computer using an Ethernet cable).
- On your home PC, go to the “Network and Sharing Center” under the Windows Control Panel.
- Click on “Change Adapter Settings” on the left menu.
- Right-click on your VPN connection and click “Properties.”
- Click on the “Sharing” tab and tick the box that says “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- A drop-down menu will appear below. Select “Ethernet” (or “Local Area Connection”) and click “OK.”
- You are all set! Your Xbox should now be using your PC’s VPN connection to access the internet.
Looking for a VPN setup guide for PlayStation? Check out our PlayStation VPN guide for more information.
Using a free VPN for Xbox
While there are some free Xbox One VPN services out there, free VPNs offer just a taste of what a fully-featured VPN can unblock on Xbox. Downsides to free VPNs not only include limits on bandwidth and server locations, but also privacy and security features are often weak or non-existent. Free VPNs are also infamous for overloading on advertisements and having questionable logging policies, so I wouldn’t recommend using a free VPN on xbox one.
Bottom line, a free VPN misses out on all the benefits of a premium VPN service and could even cause more harm than good. Still interested in finding a free VPN for Xbox? Check out our top recommended free VPNs. Also if you want to learn more about using a VPN for games, take a look at our gaming VPN guide.